tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using contributions in the tutorial, was: Improving the store tutorial module structure
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:35:43 GMT
[snip]
Rajini Sivaram wrote:

>   Why would you want to add implementation-data-api.jar and derby.jar as
> contributions rather than as maven (and Eclipse) project dependencies?

Here's the scenario:
1. Contribution store.jar imports classes from contribution assets.jar.
2. Classes in assets.jar depend on foo.jar (derby.jar in my example but
could be any JAR containing runtime and/or business classes).

(1) and (2) should work the same way. Requiring internal dependencies of
assets.jar to be added to the classpath defeats the purpose of using SCA
contributions.

With
> tuscany-implementation-data-api and derby as   dependencies in pom.xml, I am
> able to run LaunchStore without any exceptions (from Eclipse with the
> .classpath file generated from the modified pom.xml).

Sure, it works for me too, but defeats the purpose of SCA contributions,
as a user of assets.jar I shouldn't have to know about its dependencies
on other jars.
--
Jean-Sebastien