tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@hursley.ibm.com>
Subject Code updates for passing service references around as XML instead of base64 binary
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:44:42 GMT
I just committed r608125 which changes the serialization format of the
CallableReference and ServiceReference signature types from base64 binary
to XML strings (see TUSCANY-1943).

There are some method signatures that pass around service references
using the Externalizable type.  I did not change these in r608125.
For consistency I would like to change these signatures to use the
ServiceReference type so that they will be serialized to XML instead
of to base64 binary.  Does anyone object to this change?

I have identified the following signatures that would be affected:
  sca\modules\domain\src\main\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\domain\SCADomainEventService.java
    registerNode()
  sca\modules\domain\src\main\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\domain\model\NodeModel.java
    getNodeManagerReference()
    setNodeManagerReference()
  sca\modules\domain-impl\src\main\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\domain\impl\SCADomainImpl.java
    registerNode()
  sca\modules\domain-impl\src\main\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\domain\management\impl\SCADomainManagerServiceImpl.java
    registerNode()
  sca\modules\domain-impl\src\main\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\domain\model\impl\NodeModelImpl.java
    getNodeManagerReference()
    setNodeManagerReference()
  sca\modules\node-impl\src\main\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\node\impl\SCADomainEventServiceProxyImpl.java
    registerNode()
  sca\modules\binding-sca-axis2\src\test\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\binding\sca\axis2\TestDomain.java
    registerNode()

Code updates would also be needed to the following files:
  sca\modules\domain-impl\src\test\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\domain\impl\DomainImplTestCase.java
  sca\modules\domain-impl\src\test\java\org\apache\tuscany\sca\domain\impl\TestCallableReferenceImpl.java

   Simon