tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <...@kulp.com>
Subject Re: How to run incremental builds of the Tuscany SCA tree
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:01:06 GMT
On Friday 14 December 2007, ant elder wrote:
> Thats interesting, an SVN location where any Apache committer can
> commit would be useful for Tuscany as well, for developing extensions
> or the Geronimo integration, Synapse or the DAS/LDAP work etc. How do
> you go about getting one of those set up?

That's a good question and I don't really know.   My gut feeling says
that your (P)PMC would have to vote to allow that, then the IPMC would
have to approve it.   Part of the issues with an "everyone can commit"
thing is the issues around IP vetting so having such a place does
increase that burden.    In anycase, if the project agrees, it's
PROBABLY just create a sandbox directory and then have your mentors set
it up like the maven/sandbox area in the access control file.   I don't
have access to that file (just the PMC chairs do) so I really cannot
tell them how to do it other than say "look at what maven did".

Dan

>    ...ant
>
> On Dec 14, 2007 12:35 PM, Daniel Kulp <dan@kulp.com> wrote:
> > One additional point:
> >
> > maven has a sandbox for plugins:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/trunk/plugins/
> > where ANYONE with apache commit access can commit and develop
> > plugins. It might be good to start it there so other maven folks can
> > really look at it, help out, etc....   The sandbox is specifically
> > setup so other Apache folks can help contribute cool ideas to maven
> > without the barriers of JIRA patches and such.
> >
> > When it looks good, they hold a vote and just svn mv it out of the
> > sandbox.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > On Friday 14 December 2007, ant elder wrote:
> > > On Dec 14, 2007 1:05 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
> > > <jsdelfino@apache.org>

> > > +1 to trying to contribute this to Maven.
> > >
> > > This is exactly the type of thing we are looking for to help with
> > > graduation to show we're good Apache citizens and play well with
> > > other projects. I don't think one post should put you off, we
> > > don't all agree on everything here either, and now there's a
> > > direct invitation from Dan. I think it would actually be more
> > > beneficial to try to develop it over there instead of maturing it
> > > here. Those are the guys who know Maven so there will be more
> > > expert help and guidance there than here and it will provide a
> > > great opportunity to show people outside Tuscany how good the
> > > Tuscany people are at practising open development.
> > >
> > >    ...ant
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Kulp
> > dan@kulp.com