tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "kelvin goodson" <kel...@thegoodsons.org.uk>
Subject [Java SDO CTS] Junit 4.1 pattern for calling setUp when classes don't inherit from TestCase
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:41:46 GMT
Hi,
 I'm looking at doing some work in the CTS. I was looking back at Robbie's
attached description about how to keep the tests "harness agnostic".  I'm
assuming that this is still a goal of the CTS although I may have missed
something in my catching up. In my quest to make the CTS better I note that
a number of the test case classes still extend the junit TestCase class.
This is true for all test classes that have a setUp() method. One that
doesn't inherit from TestCase is XSDSerializationTest,  and adding a setUp
method to this class doesn't cause junit to invoke it in my eclipse
environment. I'm trying to work out whether I should I expect a
4.1environment to discover and execute the setUp method when junit is
used in
this way. I seem to have Eclipse junit plugins for 3.8.1 and 4.1.0.1 and the
preferences tab for Junit doesn't seem to offer much in the way of
configuration, so I can't be sure I'm using 4.1 behaviour.

I really would like to be XSDSerializationTests to execute setUp so that we
can have a fresh HelperContext per test,  and I guess the easy way out is to
make the test class inherit from TestCase like the others,  but I'd prefer
not to introduce the explicit dependency on Junit if I can avoid it.

Regards Kelvin.