tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Using Tuscany in a webapp, was: [DISCUSS] Next version - What should be in it
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:32:23 GMT
[snip]
Luciano Resende wrote:
> +1 on focusing on the stability and consumability for the core functions,
> other then helping on simplifying the runtime further and work on a
> Domain
> concept, I also want to contribute around having a better integration
> with
> App Servers, basically start by bringing back WAR plugin and TC
> integration.

Do we still need a special Tuscany WAR Maven plugin? I was under the
impression that the Tuscany WAR plugin was there to automate the
packaging of all the pieces of Tuscany runtime and their configuration
in a WAR, assuming that it was probably too complicated to do that
packaging by hand.

Before reactivating this machinery, could we take a moment and have a
discussion to understand why this packaging was so complicated that we
needed a special Maven plugin to take care of it? and maybe come up with
a simpler packaging scheme for Web applications and WARs?

To put this discussion in context, I'm going to start with a very simple
question... What do we want to use WARs for? What scenarios do we want
to support in our next release that will require a WAR?

--
Jean-Sebastien