tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build failures- Explanation and Proposed Solution
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 01:35:52 GMT
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Hi All
>
>    After couple complains about build failures, and couple hours
> investigating the multiple complains on the dev-list [1][2], looks
> like all the issues are being caused due to our artifacts having two
> set of artifact versions : <version>2-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
> and <version>2-incubator-SNAPSHOT</version>.After I changed everything
> locally to use the same version as the one defined in the
> java/pom/parent <version>2-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>, the whole
> build started to work and the issues reported are gone.
>
>    So, in order to avoid future complains, I'd like to propose changes
> to remaining artifacts that are using
> <version>2-incubator-SNAPSHOT</version> version. Note that I have
> already started changing the DAS artifact versions as described in
> [3]. And I have attached a file containing the remaining places that
> need changes.
>
>    If people are OK with proposed changes, particularly the SDO team,
> I'd like to go ahead and commit my local changes asap.
>
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg16509.html
> [2]
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user%40ws.apache.org/msg00822.html
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user%40ws.apache.org/msg00822.html>
> [3] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg16625.html
>
> --
> Luciano Resende

+1 from me. I think that the recommendation for artifacts from
incubating projects is *-incubating-* (although I can't find the
discussion thread right now I remember I had seen a discussion on this a
while ago). The SCA artifacts are already *-incubating-*, looks like
you're fixing the DAS artifacts, we need the folks working on SDO to say
if they're OK with this change.

--
Jean-Sebastien