tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java-Impl-Runtime and DataBinding
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:42:50 GMT
Venkata Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have got basic properties to work with the java-implementation-runtime.
> Here are some observations that I'd like to validate...
>
> - assuming that we load the assembly models from xml the core will always
> hand out to the 'implementation runtimes'' such as
> 'java-implementation' a
> Document object for the value of a property.  The implementation runtimes
> are responsible for invoking the databinding framework to convert the
> property value from document to whatever form... for example Document to
> JavaBean.  Is this right?

Yes that sounds right, this is how it currently works. However, I think
it would be good to change this at some point to represent the value of
simple type properties as a String for example. I'm not sure why we
currently need a Document to hold simple type property values.

> If this is right, then I guess the databinding framework need to be
> plugged
> into the java-impl-runtime?  How is this to be ideally done in the
> current
> architecture?  I suppose, dragging it in as a dependency and using it
> as yet
> another dependent class library is not the way.. so could somebody please
> help me with some pointers to do this.

I think it's OK to have a dependency on the databinding framework, but
you probably don't want to depend on the individual databinding
implementations.

Raymond, maybe you can jump in here, since you've done much work on the
databinding framework recently.

--
Jean-Sebastien