tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WebServiceBinding and the WSDL definition object
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:46:31 GMT
ant elder wrote:
> On 4/13/07, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Right now the Axis2 binding needs the WSDL4J Definition object to create
>> an AxisService but the definition object isn't available to it
>> anywhere. The
>> Definition is read by the contribution service which creates a
>> WSDLDefinition, so as a bypass around this I've add a WSDLDefinition
>> field
>> to the WebServiceBinding and populate that in the
>> WebServiceBindingProcessor
>> resolve method, but this adds a dependency on tuscany-interface-wsdl to
>> tuscany-binding-ws and tuscany-binding-ws-xml which doesn't seem ideal.
>>
>> Any comments on what to do about this? I guess the WSDLDefinition
>> needs to
>> be pulled out of tuscany-interface-wsdl into a separate module.
>

> No replies to this so for the sake of expediency to bring up the Axis2
> binding I've just add the WSDLDefinition field and dependency on
> tuscany-interface-wsdl to tuscany-binding-ws and tuscany-binding-ws-xml.
> I'll try to sort something better our next week if no one else does
> before
> then.
>
>   ...ant

Ant, sorry I had missed that question yesterday. Your proposal to pull
WSDLDefinition out as a separate module makes sense to me and is the
cleanest solution. On the other hand it doesn't seem too bad to have the
Web Service binding depend on the "Web Service Definition Language -
Interface" support :) I'm not completely sure but I'm guessing that even
if we pull WSDLDefinition out of interface-wsdl we may still need in the
Web binding modules the capability to introspect a WSDL portType and get
the XmlSchema types for its inputs/outputs and faults, so we may still
end up with a dependency on interface-wsdl for that reason. But again, I
agree that the cleanest option is to pull  WSDLDefinition out in a
separate module. We can probably do it next week after you bring up the
Axis2 binding.

--
Jean-Sebastien