tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transition from CompositeContext to ComponentContext
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 17:30:54 GMT
Kevin Williams wrote:
> I am interested in the transition from the the 0.95 locateService API
> to the 1.0 APIs.  Has there been any work done in this area?  In
> particular, I am interested in the look up of the context associated
> with a service since CurrentCompositeContext is removed from 1.0 and
> ComponentContext is replacing CompositeContext.  I would be happy to
> pitch in.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Kevin

Kevin,

The trunk already implements the ComponentContext API. You can take a
look at SCARuntimeTestCase and SimpleRuntimeImplTestCase in
modules/host-embedded to see how to boot the runtime and get a
ComponentContext. This probably needs more testing though.

It would also be good to bring back the 0.95 CompositeContext API
temporarily (and mark it deprecated) to help bring up the many samples
that still use this old API.

--
Jean-Sebastien