tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Tuscany extension mechanism, was: svn commit: r526532
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:37:04 GMT
rfeng@apache.org wrote:
> Author: rfeng
> Date: Sat Apr  7 23:10:04 2007
> New Revision: 526532

> Log:
> Move ExtensionActivator and ExtensionPointRegistry to core-spi

This looks pretty good. I just have a few minor comments.

I think it would make sense to rename ExtensionActivator to something
else, since it is used to represent a Module more than an Extension, and
can contribute many Extensions. I would suggest to name this
RuntimeModule, with the following methods:

The start() method is called when the module starts. This is where you
can add the Extensions that you contribute to the relevant Extension points.

The stop() method is called when the module stops.

A new Object[] getExtensionPoints() method. The getExtensionPoint()
method will be called before the start() method and should return the
Extension points defined by the module. I think we'll need this to
determine the set of available Extension points and populate your
ExtensionPointRegistry before passing it to the RuntimeModule.start()
methods.

Thoughts?

--
Jean-Sebastien