tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build system misunderstandings
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 17:33:33 GMT
Sergey Parilin wrote:
> Hellow, could you help me?
> I'm newbie in Tuscany and trying to investigate sources.
> I checked out tuscany java sources. Now I'm trying to make eclipse project
> filese with mvn. In archive of this mailing list i found that i need execute
> the following command mvn -P all,eclipse eclipse:eclipse. In this case I have
> some misunderstandings with some SCA modules. For example, when I trying just
> to compile kernel module, maven gives me a following error:
>
> org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
> org.apache.tuscany:sca for project:
> org.apache.tuscany.sca:kernel:pom:2.0-alpha2-incubating-SNAPSHOT
>
> Also, it's very strange for me that kernel module not presented in sca/pom.xml
> modules part.
> Another strange thing that kernel module has a parent with "sca" artifactId
> but composit sca module has a "tuscany-sca" artifactId.
>
> As a result I cann't make complete build of tuscany.
>
> Are aforecited problems real? If there are not a problems, how can i avoid
> this stuff? Or how can i make complete eclipse workspace?

Hi,

You're running into a known issue with our old build system (see [1]).
We have recently created a new build structure to fix these issues and
make it much easier to build the SCA runtime.

The old SCA Maven modules are still in place for a few more days, but
the new build structure containing the new SCA modules is like this:
java/sca/pom.xml <-- the top SCA pom
java/sca/modules <-- all the modules are here
java/sca/samples
java/sca/itest

To build SCA, try this:
cd java/sca
mvn
This will build all the SCA runtime modules.

To build Eclipse projects for SCA:
cd java/sca
mvn -Peclipse eclipse:eclipse
Then in Eclipse import all the projects under java/sca/modules.

The samples and integration tests are not integrated in the new build
system yet, but will probably be sometime next week, so stay tuned for
updates.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg16253.html

Hope this helps.

--