tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Assembly XML writers and some changes in the contribution service model
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:41:43 GMT
I am starting to make progress on the implementation of SCA assembly XML
writers.

The writers will allow us to build instances of SCA assembly models in
memory, and then save them to SCA assembly XML (aka SCDL).

This will be useful in a number of cases, e.g:
- Generating SCA assembly XML from development and deployment tools.
- Returning an XML description of an SCA domain (IIRC this is one of the
things an SCA contribution/domain service should be able to do).
- Saving a representation of wired/optimized SCDL models (where we have
resolved all autowires, normalized/merged the configuration of nested
components, applied the relevant policies to references, services and
implementations) for further consumption by an SCA runtime, or to be
able to flow them to nodes in a distributed SCA domain.

To integrate the writers with the SCA ContributionService, I'm going to
have to make a few changes to it, including:
- adding a write method to ArtifactProcessor and its sub-classes
StAXArtifactProcessor, DOMArtifactProcessor, URIArtifactProcessor etc.
- adjust the corresponding registries
- I'm also thinking about defining additional exceptions for the Read,
Write, Resolve, and Optimize phases handled by an ArtifactProcessor.

More later as I make progress on this work...

--
Jean-Sebastien