tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contribution services and SCDL4J
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:25:17 GMT
Luciano Resende wrote:
> I have also made some progress on this: I have simplified the
> packageProcessors interfaces, making it responsible only for providing a
> list of artifacts that need to be processed, and processing now
> should/will
> be driven by the contributionServiceImpl.
>
> I have also started to integrate the artifactProcessors and it's
> phases into
> the contributionServiceImpl, but had a question about whether or not the
> contribution-impl should have dependencies on assembly-impl-xml in
> order to
> be able to perform some unit tests using the artifactProcessors defined
> there. Thoughts ?

It may be simpler to write a test ArtifactProcessor in
contribution-impl. This way, if I break assembly-xml for example, I
won't break your contribution-impl unit test.

More generally, the contribution framework provides a base platform for
various extensions/plug-ins, assembly, policy, implementation-java etc.
So, it would look odd to have the contribution framework implementation
depend on one of the extensions, even for testing purposes.

If you have your own test ArtifactProcessor in contribution-impl, we
also need to test the integration of assembly-xml and contribution-impl,
but this can be tested in assembly-xml itself..

--
Jean-Sebastien