tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving spec/sca-api module under sca? was: Build update
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 21:26:57 GMT
[snip]
Luciano Resende wrote:
> But we probably want to release 2 things, sca-spec and sca, right ?
> and then
> in subsequent releases of sca, we are only going to release sca,
> unless the
> spec changes and we need to  update sca-spec jar.

[snip]

>> I could be convinced, but I'm not sure I understand yet :)
>>
>> Aren't we going to release an sca-api JAR in our next
>> tuscany-incubating-xyz.tar.gz?
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Sebastien

I'm still confused :) Let's imagine for illustration purposes that we
have 2 alpha releases, alpha1 and alpha2. I am assuming that:
tuscany-incubating-1.0-alpha1.tar.gz will contain an sca-api JAR from a
specific SVN revision, let's say X
tuscany-incubating-1.0-alpha2.tar.gz will contain an sca-api JAR from an
SVN revision Y
where the sca-api JAR is just the API provided to application developers
for one the many component implementation types that we want to support,
POJO component implementations in this case.

Is there a reason why we'd want to single this JAR out and force POJO
component developers to get this one (and only this one) from a
different distribution than tuscany-incubating.tar.gz?

Also, perhaps SVN revision X will be the same revision as Y, or not...
we can't really predict that, as we may find bugs in the spec interfaces
or their javadocs. But isn't the same true for any other module in our
distribution? Why would we want to handle the release of sca-api JAR
differently?

--
Jean-Sebastien