tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Running and testing SCA assemblies with Spring
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 03:57:30 GMT
Since it's going to take a little bit of time to be able to bring up end
to end scenarios with our new modularized kernel, I think it would be
useful to be able to run simple SCA applications using a thin layer on
top of Spring like the one I had prototyped in my sanbdox in modules [1]
and [2] and already discussed on this list in [3].

This will help us validate our model layer by feeding SCA assembly
models to Spring and running these assemblies using the Spring container
instead of our own container. I think it is also a good illustration of
our new modular kernel architecture, showing how you can swap the IoC
container with another one (Spring for example) if you want.

I'd like to integrate these two modules from my sandbox into the trunk
to build them with the rest of the modules in the new build structure.
If there's no objections I'll do that some time tomorrow, then people
can review this code, try it and provide feedback.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/java/sca/modules/bean/
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/java/sca/modules/bean-test/