tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Representing conversational interfaces, was: svn commit: r525379
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:58:45 GMT
[snip]
rfeng@apache.org wrote:
> Author: rfeng
> Date: Tue Apr  3 20:19:08 2007
> New Revision: 525379

> Log:
> Add isConversational to the Interface

I think it's ok for now if you want to have this conversational boolean
flag on Interface, but according to the SCA spec, "conversational" is
really a policy intent which I believe should be applied to the whole
contract (including the interface and the corresponding callback
interface, if any). I had put an isConversational flag on the first of
Interface but had removed later it for this reason :) It's probably a
good idea to add a //TODO to the code and/or a JIRA issue to mark that
we'll need to make this change later.

Here's the relevant text from the SCA assembly spec:
This specification requires interfaces to be marked as conversational by
means of a policy intent with the name "conversational".   The form of
the marking of this intent depends on the interface type.  Note that it
is also possible for a service or a reference to set the conversational
intent when using an interface which is not marked with the
conversational intent.  This can be useful when reusing an existing
interface definition that does not contain SCA information.

--
Jean-Sebastien