tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bootstrap the tuscany system without dependency on SCDL and Java component
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:00:55 GMT
Raymond Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of the modulization efforts, I managed to put together a
> prototype to bootstrap Tuscany with hand-wired system components. It
> doesn't have dependency on the SCDL loading and Java component
> implementation. I was able to use it to run a simple CRUD component
> with an updated version of the embedd-host.
>
> The code is checked in at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/rfeng/minicore.
> I would like bring it into trunk. Please let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

Raymond,

I looked at it and think it's very useful and one more step towards
modularizing the kernel. As discussed in [1] and [2] having the kernel
rely on SCDL to assemble itself before created a chicken and egg issue
and some of the complexity in kernel/core.

I was initially not sure about what the code to hand-wire the kernel was
going to look like, but looking at your code in o.a.t.core.bootstrap and
o.a.t.core.runtime I find this new approach pretty straightforward. I
suggest that you bring it into trunk and that we try to work with it in
the next few days and see if we run into any issues with it.

Thanks

--
Jean-Sebastien