tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Fuhwei Lwo <fuh...@bricemedia.com>
Subject Re: Basic SDO question: no built-in types?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:55:43 GMT
Scott,

SDO built-in types were defined in the sdoModel.xsd under tuscany/java/spec/sdo-api/src/main/resources/xml
directory. The mapping from XSD to Java is described in the spec section 9.4.

The instances of SDO built-in types will be instances of commonj.sdo.Type. So if you have
a SDO type for xsd:int, the name of the commonj.sdo.Type instance will be "Int".

Hope this helps.

Scott Kurz <scottkurz@gmail.com> wrote: This is maybe an SDO for dummies question.

Are there any built-in SDO types, say, corresponding to  int which I can
work with as a generic DataObject in the manner that java.lang.Integer is a
java.lang.Object
corresponding to int?  (I'm not seeing anything from a quick scan of the
source or spec to suggest that there is.)

Or is the simplest DataObject one can create a user-defined, complexType
wrappering a single int?

Thanks,
Scott