tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Feng" <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Create self-references for a component/componentType
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:32:53 GMT
Hi,

The ComponentContext API defines a method to create self reference to a
component service. Would it make sense that we create self-references for
all the services for a component/componentType during the "wire" phase of
the assembly model? If so, we will be able to handle the runtime invocation
chains consistently.

Let's assume there's a service in the component type:

name: MyService
bindings: SCA binding and WS binding

Then the self reference will be created on the component type as follows.

name: $self$_MyService (something derived from the service name)
bindings: SCA binding and WS binding
target: The corresponding component service for MyService with a name
<MyComponent>/MyService
wiredByImpl/autowire: true

Please note that we need to have the component name (not available from the
componentType) to add the target.

Thanks,
Raymond