tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany Website Updates
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 08:29:14 GMT
On 11/2/06, Venkata Krishnan <for.svkrish@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am putting up some proposals for updates to our website and request
> feedback on this or suggestions for the better.   Right away some top
> level
> ones are:
>
> - Do away with the tabs.  This is because I don't see correlation between
> the Tab options and the options on the navigation pane in the left. i.e
> .  if
> the tabs are first level navigation then the pane on the left must be
> sub-options within a selected tab - I don't see such a correlation.  So
> let's avoid confusion to the website visitor
> - There is lots of green :) and am having some difficulties to get
> additional colors that gel with this.  Either somebody with better colour
> sense helps or we moderate the green a bit.
> - The images that are used for the Navigation Optoins on the left pane and
> for the titles of various boxes may need to be sharpened a bit
>
> All this besides the fact the the various navigations paths need to be
> reviewed and set right.  I shall get to these as well.
>
> Meanwhile I have created a JIRA
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-703 where I have attempted to
> provide a view of what's in my mind for the Navigation Pane on the left
> together with some changes for the Downloads page.
>
> You simply have to extract the zip that is attached in that JIRA and take
> look at /site-publish/downloads.html.
>
> Also, I have a diagram posted for the Java_SCA Overview in the same JIRA,
> please see if you can say somethings about that as well.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Venkat

Its really good you're looking at the website Venkat, it has become a bit
neglected. What you've suggested above all sounds good to me, I'd suggest
just going ahead and making changes as you think appropriate as that will be
much easier for you. Maybe for big ones mention on the dev list first but
otherwise just dive in and send emails after the fact so others can review -
just as with the code CTR not RTC :)

   ...ant