tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Rick <cr2...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing RC from a remote repository
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:37:56 GMT
Hi
There has been something that has been on my mind regarding testing the
release candidates. The SCA samples has dependencies on SDO and DAS and
up to now we test by building these dependencies locally.  However, I'm
one that likes  to test out the real user experience scenario and we
don't require them to build these for the SCA samples.  Ideally, the
scenario would be the SDO, DAS and for completeness sake also SCA
runtime should be in a remote repository.  The sample source is the only
artifact that should needed to download and start a maven build.  I know
I could set up locally a remote repository and then publish all the
dependent RC artifacts to it and then modify locally my sample's POM xml
to pick up that local repo I've created.  This seems really
painful.though.  Is there an easier way?  Should we just take a leap of
faith it will work out?
Thanks.