tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Introspection of JavaScript components
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:08:00 GMT
I've had a go at adding support for introspection of JavaScript components
and wondered if anyone had any comments.

As JavaScript is untyped and doesn't have the concept of annotations its not
possible to have this work as well as with Java components. How I've done it
is to have the script define a object named SCA which defines the component
configuration.

There's a sample introspectable script at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/containers/container.javascript/src/test/resources/org/apache/tuscany/container/javascript/function/IntrospectableHelloWorld.js

There'd be nested objects defining any references and properties, and WSDL
interfaces could be described something like:

SCA = {
   'wsdlServiceName' : 'myservice'
   'wsdlPortName' : 'myPort'
}

Comments? I think this makes script components simpler than using the
.componentType side file, but what do others think?

   ...ant