tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Webservice via Axis2 in Tomcat.
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:07:05 GMT
I think there's a difference. Web services play a prominent role in
the SCA specs and are likely to be used by most people which makes a
good case for including them in  distributions by default.

The JavaScript stuff, although useful, is not something covered by
the spec at all and is likely to be used by a different audience. For
those, I would suggest that we should create a new distribution, one
aimed at people doing REST, JSON, JavaScript stuff; that may or may
not include web services depending on what users want.

That would give us three distributions:
* standalone environment
* web-app environment with web services
* web-app environment with JS-type stuff

--
Jeremy