turbine-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Turbine 2.3.3 - change database url based on environment (QA, TEST, etc.)
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 12:49:15 GMT
On 15.09.11 23:06, mrab wrote:
>> I have read through the documents and can see how to set up the data
>> sources and link them to the JNDI resources.  I assume the option of using
>> the ResourceLink element to map the data source name would be done in
>> torque.properties and that all the mappings (for qa, test, etc.) would be
>> in the same properties file.  If that assumption is correct, then my
>> question is how does a particular deployment of tomcat get pointed to just
>> one of the mappings to the data sources?

No, the ResourceLink element belongs in the context file of your web
application. After deployment it normally sits in
conf/Catalina/localhost/yourappcontext.xml The context file
documentation is at tomcat.apache.org. The idea I wanted to get across
is to simplify the mapping by moving it out of the application.

Bye, Thomas.