turbine-user mailing list archives

From mrab <michele.raba...@nscorp.com>
Subject Turbine 2.3.3 - change database url based on environment (QA, TEST, etc.)
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:38:09 GMT

Hello!
      I would like to be able to change the database url to point to either
TEST, QA, or production based on a parameter passed to tomcat at startup.  I
recently migrated to 2.3.3 from 2.1.  Under the 2.1 version I modified code
in TurbineResourceService.java to change the TurbineResources.properties
based on a parameter I passed in through CATALINA_OPTS to tomcat.  I am sure
that was not the cleanest way, but it worked!

      So now I would like to do it the proper way, whatever that is!  I
looked at configuration-howto.html which allows configuring the
TurbineResources.properties file.  However, the database url is now in
torque.properties.  Is there some way to use this method anyway?  Or what is
the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks!
Michele