turbine-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: user is nulled out on login attempt
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 21:04:22 GMT
Shaw, Nathan (HQ-LD070)[InDyne, Inc] wrote:
> I assume you mean this?
> action.sessionvalidator=sessionvalidator.TemplateSessionValidator
I'd suggest TemplateSecureSessionValidator if your application requires
a valid user.

> But, it seems to me that the role of the SessionValidator is to ensure that a user IS
NOT logged in and send them somewhere if they are not. I am trying to see if the user IS logged
in and ,if they are, NOT re-log them in. Maybe I am mis-interpreting the docs?

Well, I guess I don't quite get your problem. If a user is logged in, he
normally has a valid session. The SessionValidator takes care of storing
the user object into the session attributes.

So if your session contains a valid user object, data.getUser() will
provide it. If it doesn't, your session is not the same as before. (You
can check this if you compare the two session ids.) This can happen if
for example your browser does not provide the session cookie and your
container is not configured to rewrite the URLs.

Bye, Thomas.