turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wglasshus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calendar vs GregorianCalendar
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:08:31 GMT
A bit off-topic, but there's a great rant on the various Date types (with
some history) here:
http://jroller.com/page/cpurdy?entry=the_seven_habits_of_highly

I like this part:

"As far as java.util.Calendar goes, I'm sure it has a purpose, but since
we've been on the Gregorian now for several friggin' centuries (and with no
sign of imminent change), I think we'd be safe having Calendar be one of
those classes that is neither seen nor heard except in the 0.000001% chance
that you actually need to do something with the scrolls of dead monks."

WILL