turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Sheldon Ross" <ross_shel...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Synchronized Velocity Actions
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:55:00 GMT
Let's see, there exists session persistent objects that we need to protect,
ie preventing a user from performing an action that will change the contents
of that object while another of his own method calls is using that object.
But these objects are only session specific, another user has his own
session object.

ex turbineresources line:
tool.session.obj = src.dataobjs.sessionobj

Therefore from what I understand, each user should be able to run there own
methods at the same time as they do not reference any of the same objects.
Unfortunately this is not happening. I was curious as to if anyone knew why
this was. The only thing I can think of, is that somehow there is something
in the RunData object, or the Velocity Context that is the same between both
sessions. This would prevent the methods from being able to run at the same
time.