turbine-user mailing list archives

From Mark Wassermann <mwasserm...@mw-net.com>
Subject utf-8 character encoding problem
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:31:49 GMT
Hi all

I have a character encoding problem with the turbine-security-data.xml
file. I specified a few entries for setting up my users roles ... and I
used germen umlauts (ÄÖÜ...) in some of the description fields. The xml
file ist defined as utf-8 and my database (mysql 5.0) is also configured
for utf-8, but the characters ends up as some strange two digit
charachters when I create the database with maven.
At a closer look I discovered that the problem occurs when maven
transforms the xml into an sql file.

Is there a setting for maven to work correctly with this encoding?

thx
Mark

--
 Mark Wassermann            @: mwassermann@mw-net.com