turbine-user mailing list archives

From Thomas UNG <thomas....@freesbee.fr>
Subject Re: AW: Documentation to promote turbine
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 22:49:37 GMT
Hi J├╝rgen and all,

Few quick questions about release 2.4M2 after a quick overview. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

The big changes seem to be:
    - "RunData" replace by "ServerData"
    - "Backported the Pipeline from Turbine 3 to Turbine 2.4"
    - "dir /extensions change to removes all the nasty logic required to
code generate the torque objects"
    - "The cache, crypto, localization, intake, factory, and mimetype
services have now been deprecated in favor of the Fulcrum versions as well."
    - "DirectResponseLayout"

When I started to look at class org.apache.turbine.util.ServerData, the
changes have been made in Dec 2004!! 2 years old! I am just surprising
and don't really understand why it takes so long. I don't know the
history of turbine but I will really appreciate some explainations by

Then my second and last question for today will be who is still working
on 2.4? Probably the active users in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRB? Also what is the difference
between M1 and M2

Do we have a