turbine-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Vaucher <vauch...@iro.umontreal.ca>
Subject Re: Authentication
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:25:40 GMT
If it's due to connection losses, I've normally got something like this in
tomcat server.xml (with my driver in TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib):

<Resource name="jdbc/mysql" type="javax.sql.DataSource" auth="Container"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/mysql">
<parameter>
<name>factory</name>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>driverClassName</name>
[...] Usual username/pswd/url params<parameter>
<name>maxActive</name>
<value>20</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>maxIdle</name>
<value>0</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>maxWait</name>
<value>60000</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>removeAbandoned</name>
<value>true</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>logAbandoned</name>
<value>true</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
<value>300</value>
</parameter>
</ResourceParams>

With other servers, the configuration can be defined elsewhere, can't
necessarily help you to locate the config files, but the params should be
the same,

hth,
sv

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Satyanarayana Desu wrote:

> Hi sv,
>
> We are using mysql as the backend database and manipulating using Torque services. can
you please let me know where shoud I need to specify the connection setting for checking it.

> Regds
>
> Satya

> Hi Satya,
>
> It might be a driver problem. Do you use mysql with a connection pool? If
>
> so, you need to specify when to check if the connections have been closed
>
> (by the db). If this is the problem, I can probably help you out.
>
> HTH,
>
> sv
>
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Satyanarayana Desu wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
>> For the turbine based applications, if the server is idle for 24 hours,
>
>> the Login (Authentication, Login.vm) page does not respond for the first 3 attempts,
it says invalid user/password even if we give the right userid and password.