turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: AW: Dependency hell in 2.4 (was AW: troubles migrating to tur
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:23:46 GMT
"Courcoux Peter, Slough" <Peter.Courcoux@anite.com> writes:

>Having done it a couple of times, I think turbine 2.3 --> turbine 2.4
>migration is pretty straight forward at present.

>Having spoken at length with Eric recently, we are both tending towards
>proposing Excalibur-Fortress as the default container for Avalon style
>components in turbine 2.4. If anyone has anything to contribute on this
>topic, please do so. It would be great to get opinions...

I don't know much about Avalon but as I can see, Excalibur is a very
limited container. Fortress was mentioned on avalon-dev as a good
container until the various flame wars and splits swamped the list and
made it unreadable.

So, yes, if it is not too much hassle, I would prefer Fortress over
Excalibur. But it should be your call.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"