turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: newbie problems (first app won't run)
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:25:06 GMT
Volker Cordes <MrLogic@gmx.de> writes:

>and (on your advice) META but didn't get along with both of them. My
>problem is that I don't want to use velocity but jsp. The samples are
>working, but I don't get JSP to work. I'll start a new thread for that.

Well, yeah. Welcome to the twilight zone. ;-)

The JSP support _should_ work (it did in 2.3-dev last time I checked
and has not changed since then) but it is not as you would normally
expect a regular JSP to work. These pages in JSP syntax must still be
pulled through the Turbine servlet!

I owe some other mailing list reader a deeper explanation of the JSP
workings but I simply hadn't the time to do so.

If you start using Turbine, I strongly urge you to start with Velocity
to get a feel how Turbine applications work. You can still combine
regular JSPs which are handled by the container with Turbine as they
use the same session objects but until you are familiar with the basic
concepts of Turbine, I wouldn't recommend using advanced (which for us
is synonymous to "underdocumented") stuff.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"