turbine-user mailing list archives

From Jeffery Painter <pain...@kiasoft.com>
Subject Re: Various ContentTypes in one web app?
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:35:44 GMT

example:

I have an ExcelScreen base class.

public class ExcelScreen extends VelocityScreen
{
    // not exactly a CSV, but works for MS Windows clients with excel installed
    // excel will open tables directly as spreadsheet fields... can save as csv easily from
there

    private static String CONTENT_TYPE = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
    private static String DEFAULT_LAYOUT = "VelocityOnlyLayout";
    private static String DEFAULT_LAYOUT_VM = "/ExcelDataLayout.vm";

    public void doBuildTemplate(RunData data, Context context)
    {
        try
        {
            String filename = data.getParameters().getString("filename");
            if ( filename != null ) {
                filename.trim();
            }
	    else {
                filename = "export.xls";
            }

            data.setLayoutTemplate(DEFAULT_LAYOUT_VM);
            data.setContentType(CONTENT_TYPE);

            HttpServletResponse resp = data.getResponse();
            resp.setHeader("Content-Type", CONTENT_TYPE);
            resp.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=" + filename );
        }
	catch (Exception e) {
            Log.error("ExcelScreen error: " + e.toString());
        }
    }
}