turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Courcoux Peter, Slough" <Peter.Courc...@anite.com>
Subject RE: AW: Dependency hell in 2.4 (was AW: troubles migrating to tur bine 2.3)
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:15:44 GMT
Hi Toby,

Eric is talking about cutting a 'milestone' release of 2.4 this weekend for
people who wish to use a cut of cvs with the pipeline (for example the
antelope project).

Having done it a couple of times, I think turbine 2.3 --> turbine 2.4
migration is pretty straight forward at present.

Having spoken at length with Eric recently, we are both tending towards
proposing Excalibur-Fortress as the default container for Avalon style
components in turbine 2.4. If anyone has anything to contribute on this
topic, please do so. It would be great to get opinions...

SOC and IOC work for me and I find the Avalon framework interfaces very
convenient.

Keel uses Fortress also as its container, but as you say, it should be easy
to add wrappers or adapters to allow components to work in many different
containers.

I think Eric is interested in the Spring service. Could you contribute it?

As for logging, I found the IOC approach to logging took some getting used
to, but again it works for me so I'm OK with it. It would be nice to have
options either way.

Regards,

Peter