turbine-user mailing list archives

From Babu Kalakrishnan <b...@sankya.com>
Subject Re: Turbine 2.3 loggin problem.
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:55:31 GMT
Marty Phee wrote:

>I have the Log4j file in the conf directory.  I tried to move it to the
>classes folder, but log4j would complain that it couldn't find the file in
>the conf directory even after I commented out the line in the turbine conf
>for Log4j.

It could perhaps be a Classloader issue. Check if the jar files for
commons-logging and
log4j are available in the WEB-INF/lib directory of *both* applications
- so that both
applications are working with their own copies of the Logging system
loaded with
different classloaders. Sharing a classloader (which can happen if
either of the jars come
from the common directory of Tomcat) can cause all sorts of confusion in
logging.

This article (and the links referred to in the article) makes
interesting reading :

http://www.qos.ch/logging/thinkAgain.html

BK