turbine-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: troubles migrating to turbine 2.3
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:34:06 GMT
  Mark Lybarger wrote:

>we seem to be hitting a few road blocks migrating to turbine 2.3 (we're going from a slightly
modified turbine 2.1). we're using the jakarta-turbine-2.3.tar.gz from the apache mirrors.

>the first issue seems to be with the torque maven plugin and with maven in general.  we're
not very schooled on maven much, and have had one heck of a time getting the turbine source
tree to build with it.  we're behind a firewall and can't easily get out (http proxy is avail).
 we've only really had one person on our group to get turbine to build, and then we just took
that exact maven folder and maven repository to others machines to build.  could someone tell
me the specific environment (maven version, etc) that works nicely with turbine? do other
experience maven difficulties building turbine?

>next, we have encountered an issue with turbine's handling of our actions method to call.
for instance, on a form we have an input button called: name="eventSubmit_doInsert" on a form
of:
><form name="fee_action_form" method="POST" action="$link.setAction( "feemaint.FeeAction"
)">

>with turbine 2.1, this turbine would run the doInsert() method of the FeeAction class.
 With turbine 2.3, we could only get the doPerform method of that class to run.  someone in
our group mentioned that this was fixed after the 2.3 release of turbine and that if we could
get the latest from the 2.3 branch, we'd have the fix.  has anyone else noticed this behavior
with the released turbine 2.3?  and how active is the maintenance on 2.3?  do most people
run from the lastest cvs version of the turbine they're using?  we don't have good access
to an external cvs server (turbine's), and the only thing i see for the nightlies are 2.3.1-dev
versions, or patches for turbine 2.3 which seem to predate the 2.3 release.

Maven 1.0 was released fairly recently - this is the best version to use.

I would recommend checking out the TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH of torque and
rebuilding and installing the maven plugin - in fact this is the only
way of getting the plugin at present.  There are instructions at:
http://db.apache.org/torque/maven-howto.html

As you are using intake I would recommend that you also check out the
TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH of turbine as there are a number of intake related
bug fixes that will make life easier for you.

I think others have already highlighted the solution to your action problem.

The Source Repository page on the turbine page mentions CVSGrab which
can be used to checkout the source from behind a corporate firewall (I
have never tried this).

Scott

--
Scott Eade