turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Vjeran Marcinko" <vje...@tis.hr>
Subject URL path mappings and Turbine
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 04:54:30 GMT
Hi.

It seems to me that Turbine's URLs are not exactly friendly for J2EE
declarative security, or also for any kind of URL path mappings, since these
mappings usually require URLs that have folder structure ?

For eg., I have admin and user pages/actions in my Turbine web app :
http://server:8080/myapp/app/template/admin,Index.vm
http://server:8080/myapp/app/action/admin.SomeAction
and
http://server:8080/myapp/app/template/user,Index.vm
http://server:8080/myapp/app/action/user.SomeAction
And not to mention how can URLs look like when you combine both actions and
pages in URL.

And I want to separate this 2 logical pieces (admin and user) of my web app
by some maping. Usually all URL mapping (for setting Apache virtual hosts
let's say) basically need URLs like:
http://server:8080/myapp/app/admin/...all admin stuff
http://server:8080/myapp/app/user/...all user stuff

Has anybody resolved this problem somehow ?

Cheers,
Vjeran