turbine-user mailing list archives

From "David Demner" <turb...@demner.com>
Subject RE: URL path mappings and Turbine
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 05:24:32 GMT
I don't think turbine works like you are hoping it will...  I'm not sure if
this is possible for you, but you can separate the admin stuff and the user
stuff into 2 separate webapps and change each web.xml accordingly.  It will
look like the same path structure for people, but will be 2 separate webapps
in the backend.  There will be some duplication, but it shouldn't be too
bad.

I can't think of another way, but that certainly doesn't mean there isn't
one.

Good luck,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Vjeran Marcinko [mailto:vjeran@tis.hr]
Sent: Sunday August 29, 2004 9:55 PM
To: turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: URL path mappings and Turbine

Hi.

It seems to me that Turbine's URLs are not exactly friendly for J2EE
declarative security, or also for any kind of URL path mappings, since these
mappings usually require URLs that have folder structure ?

For eg., I have admin and user pages/actions in my Turbine web app :
http://server:8080/myapp/app/template/admin,Index.vm
http://server:8080/myapp/app/action/admin.SomeAction
and
http://server:8080/myapp/app/template/user,Index.vm
http://server:8080/myapp/app/action/user.SomeAction
And not to mention how can URLs look like when you combine both actions and
pages in URL.

And I want to separate this 2 logical pieces (admin and user) of my web app
by some maping. Usually all URL mapping (for setting Apache virtual hosts
let's say) basically need URLs like:
http://server:8080/myapp/app/admin/...all admin stuff
http://server:8080/myapp/app/user/...all user stuff

Has anybody resolved this problem somehow ?

Cheers,
Vjeran