turbine-user mailing list archives

From "David Demner" <turb...@demner.com>
Subject RE: Can I use turbine without intake?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:53:57 GMT
Hi Amit,

- I think you can just comment out all the Intake stuff in the
TurbineResources.properties file
- Not sure about this one, but you can probably construct a Group yourself
using an XmlGroup object.  Try looking at the turbine source code for
examples.
- Make sure that the object you are creating the group with implements the
org.apache.turbine.om.Retrievable interface.  Also look for errors in your
logs about badly formed xml documents.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Amit V Shah [mailto:ashah@tagaudit.com]
Sent: Thursday August 26, 2004 2:15 PM
To: 'turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Can I use turbine without intake?

Hi all,

- How can I use turbine without intake (if at all that is possible)
- Also I have a dynamic set of HTML input fields being generated based on
data collected from database. So I dont know how many textfields I will be
having on my form. In that case, how can intake help me? Because from what I
understand, I need to pre-define all my form fields on intake.xml file ...
- Finally, I am really struggling with intake !! I set up everything on my
machine, and did everything mentioned there in. When I try to get the value
of form fields from my Action, I always get null. If I do a
group.getFieldNames(), the returned array does contain all the elements I
have on the field !!! Only the values are not passed.

I would really appreciate any kind of help on this !!!!