turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Chung, Sean Saehoon" <sech...@cisco.com>
Subject Turbine/Velocity - Back Button displays Page has Expired
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 01:42:04 GMT
Hello all,

I am building an application using Turbine/Velocity.

It looks like when an application is secured (by defining security related
elements in web.xml), using BACK button of IE generates :

Warning: Page has Expired
The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a
form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet
Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
button.

Now from here user can press REFRESH button on the browser to get to the
to press back and then refresh.

By looking at the fact that this doesn't happen (ie just back button will
take a user to previous page) when an application is not protected (no
security related elements defined in web.xml) and I guess this problem is to
do with authentication somehow?.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

Thanks in advance
Sean