turbine-user mailing list archives

From Jürgen Hoffmann ...@byteaction.de>
Subject turbine eclipse plugin
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:25:52 GMT
Hi all,

I have written myself a little eclipse plugin, which always gives me a
quick glance at my intake.xml file. it provides 2 new views. An Intake
Property View and an Intake View. You have to open the Intake Property
View First, and then the Intake View. Within the Intake View you can
then open an intake.xml file. I have not setup a website yet, so please
just point your eclipse 3.0 update center to the url

http://oss.byteaction.de/eclipse/turbine

and let me know what you think. Please give me all the feedback you can,
plus feature requests, etc. Here is what I am planning:

- editable intake properties within the intake property view. Values
will be written to the intake.xml file
- intake group and field dialog to enter the values in a user-friendly
Dialog.
- Introspection for the defined object to discover possible properties
in the field dialog
- Creation of velocity based forms with a context-menu item
- *-schema.xml view and property editor
- "re-"generation of a sole OM Class from the context menu of the schema
view
- a separate turbine perspective with a navigator, which gets *.vm files
and the corresponding screen classes in sync i.e. you select your
modules.screens package and see the .vm files right there with their
corresponding screen classes.

anything that should be in there, that I have forgotten? I am thinking
about a graphical Editor for the flow of pages, but I really have yet no
clue as of something like this would be needed.

Please give me feedback. I have only a limited amount of time, but i
will do my best to quickly implement requested features. I have setup an
eclipse update site, to make upgrading as easy as possible.

P.S. For those of you that don't yet know, we also have a different
plugin veloeclipse (http://propsorter.sourceforge.net/veloeclipse
written by my colleague Akmal Sarhan) which will move to our new site
soon.

kind regards

Jürgen Hoffmann

--

Besuchen Sie uns in der Halle 1, Stand 8a2

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jürgen Hoffmann
Software Development

ByteAction GmbH
Auf der Beune 83-85
64839 Münster
HRB33271

Phone:       +49 (0) 60 71  92 16 - 0
Fax:         +49 (0) 60 71  92 16 - 20
E-mail:      jh@byteaction.de
Internet:    www.byteaction.de
This communication is intended only for the party to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information
which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery,
distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited
and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality. If you
have received this telecommunication in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return electronic mail
and destroy the message.