turbine-user mailing list archives

From Gerry Duprey <gdup...@Schools-OPEN.com>
Subject Re: Velocity and evaluated symbol substitution
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:12:12 GMT
Howdy,

> I would create a pull tool to provide the default values and error
> messages (much less cumbersome than David's suggestion) and then a
> velocity macro that uses the pull tool to produce the final result.

I was starting to lean this way last night after I wrote the message and I
think it has a lot of value so will probably do it.  I just have to lookup how
to access a pull tool from a programatic instance.

I do like the cleverness of Davids suggestion too.  While the pull tool here
will provide a better encapsulation of the form handling, I like adding the
context to itself for special evaluative "one-off" situations.

Thanks all!

Gerry

--
Gerry Duprey