turbine-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Painter <pain...@kiasoft.com>
Subject Re: TDK demo app probs
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:29:38 GMT

I put the tdk together on a vanilla redhat 9 box so I don't think you
should be having all these troubles.

things to check:
	what jdk are you using?
	what version of ant are you using?
	make sure jdbc access is allowed (mysql can be picky)

I just unpacked the tdk tarball, created the newapp sample project and got
it running in about 2 minutes, but i built the thing so it should be easy
for me ;)

I went ahead and stuffed everything under my webapps/newapp into a tarball

http://kiasoft.com/~painter/newapp_tdk_sample.tgz

wipe out your newapp and unpack the tar file in

 ${TDK}/webapps directory

It is already compiled and should be ready to go

You should only need change two files if you have already run ant init and
built the database structure

Change username from "myuser" to your username and password "mypassword"
to your password here:

 ${TDK}/webapps/newapp/WEB-INF/build/build.properties
 ${TDK}/webapps/newapp/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties

then, run ${TDK}/bin/catalina.sh start
try to access http://localhost:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp

it is alreay compiled and if your database access is up and running it
should run properly. if not then there is something in your environment
that is not setup correctly

hope this helps

--
Regards,

Jeffery Painter

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                     http://kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC