turbine-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Painter <pain...@kiasoft.com>
Subject Re: inserting user into mysql for use with turbine security
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:48:25 GMT
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Matt Hughes wrote:

> I found that I had to add new users to the turbine_root role (number 1)
> before they could log in to the app. Not sure why this is.
>
> insert into TURBINE_USER_GROUP_ROLE (USER_ID, GROUP_ID, ROLE_ID)
>   	values (1001, 1, 1);

your SecureScreen.java file is where the "turbine_root" role is specified.
I usually end up making individual SecureScreen's within differing
packages that require differing role access. If your user does not have
the "turbine_root" role and your SecureScreen is still looking for it,
then that is the answer to why your user cannot log in more than likely.

--
Regards,

Jeffery Painter

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                     http://kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC