turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Gaasch, Derek" <dgaa...@montana.edu>
Subject RE: add custom attribute to intake field ?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:09:47 GMT
Thanks for the thoughts, Daniel. I never said it was a validation thing...
just as $intakeObject.Title isn't a validation thing. It gives some
explanation to the user as to what they are supposed to enter into the form
field. Since this property is always tied to the form field, a logical place
to populate it (it seems to me) would be in the intake.xml file (which
defines more than just validation rules). I'd be happy to do it somewhere
else, although I'm not sure I can think of a straightforward and logical
place to do it. I'm not sure I get what you envision. What exactly is
$myobj? How do I tie it to a specific intake form type?

-d

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel [mailto:dantest@yorku.ca]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 1:28 PM
To: Turbine Users List
Subject: Re: add custom attribute to intake field ?

Hi,

Haven't done this, but just thinking, isn't what you're trying to do
really is a presentation issue and not a validation thing?

How about making your "form object" in the template have properties
that return specialized html (e.g. tool tip or whatever)...

Say for example, in mytemplate.vm:

$myobj.ToolTip

And how you populate the object's properties is up to you...

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Daniel

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Gaasch, Derek wrote:

> Has anyone out there customized Intake by adding an attribute to a field
> element? I would like field elements to have an optional attribute that
> contains "help text". The use of this would be (for example) so that when
an
> intake form is displayed, each field with associated helptext will display
> small img whose alt=helptext. So when a user mouse-overs the help image,
the
> help text is displayed.  I had hoped that the intake code would just pick
up
> extra attributes in the xml, but it seems like this is not the case.
Anyone