turbine-user mailing list archives

From Gerry Duprey <gdup...@Schools-OPEN.com>
Subject Re: Turbine and Hibernate again
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:08:13 GMT
Howdy,

> In most of the applications that I have written with turbine, I have
> written my own security service. A look at the TemplateSessionValidator,
> TurbineAccessControlList, VelocitySecureScreen and VelocitySecureAction
> classes will start to point you in the right direction.

Does this mean you write classes implementing things like
org.apache.turbine.om.security.User or are you just ignorning those classes
and related services and rolling your own?

I'm really trying to get a feel for what happens if I were to not use any of
the security stuff in Turbine.  It's not what I want to do, but I think by
understanding how (im)possible that is, I'll get a better understanding for
how security is integrated.

Thanks!

Gerry
--