turbine-user mailing list archives

From Gerry Duprey <gdup...@Schools-OPEN.com>
Subject Turbine and Hibernate again
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:14:36 GMT
Howdy,

I was following the discussion last month about integrating Turbine and
Hibernate.  One of the last comments on the subject was a pointer to the
Hibernate HowTo in the Turbine How To pages.

I've looked it over and for the most part it's pretty simple/understandable.
However, I do not quite understand what the need for the hibernate-avalon jar
is.  What does that supply?  From the rest of the code examples and
discussion, it would appear that I could integrate hibernate (as done in these
examples) without it.

Most critical to me though is replacing Turbines reliance on Torque for the
user security functions.  There was some discussion about having created a
replacement security system for Turbinbe/Hibernate, but I'm not sure what
steps to take to do this.  What code, what config items, etc, etc.

Finally, other than being redundant, is there anything we would loose,
functionality wise, in Turbine if we just didn't use any of the security stuff
and used our own method?  Ideally, I think reusing code would be best if we
can make it fit, but I'd like to explore the options available to us.

Any help here would be appreciated - even if it's just pointers.  We've gotten
through the testing stage and are very happy with Turbine.  Now we need to
move on to real development and this is about all that is holding us up right now.

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

--
Gerry Duprey