turbine-user mailing list archives

From Jürgen Hoffmann ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Re: docs for turbine 2.2
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 01:00:15 GMT
Hi,

as far as i am concerned. if you would like to use the skinning mechanism
within Turbine I would rather use the $ui pulltool for this, since it is
possible to store a value for a skin inside a users permanent storage, and
then use this information to retrieve the necessary css files and images.
please refer to the java docs for the pull tool which can be found here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.2.1/apidocs/org/apache/turbine/
services/pull/util/UIManager.html

The Structure for these resources to work is tomcat_home/webapps/resources/ui/
default/images

If you want a new skin, simply create a new directory with the themes name,
and put all the necessary information into this dir. You can use the
$ui.setSkin(String skinName) Method to apply the theme.

kind regards

Jürgen Hoffmann