turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: Building Fulcrum - does it work for anyone?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:01:40 GMT
Okay..   Maven is great, but can also be a pain in that now people are
starting to extend maven, but the ability to download and install plugins
hasn't been fully baked in yet.  The problem you are running into is that
you don't have the avalon meta plugin installed.  Go to
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/avalon-meta/plugins/ and grab the latest
(1.3.2) version and put the jar in your maven/plugins/ directory and then
try the build...

If you have build maven post RC1, then you can do:
plugin:download -DartifactId=avalon-meta-plugin -DgroupId=avalon-meta -Dvers
and it will install...

I will update the startup directions!

<attainGoal> No goal [avalon:meta]

I really don't know much about Maven.  I've tried to read everything I can
other than other folks having problems, nothing seems relavant (or is a year
or two old).  I've tried the multisite:project mentioned in the web page and
maven complains that doesn't exist in the project.  I've tried jar and
(I have no idea of the diff between the two are, but I've seen both
just trying anything I can) and with jar it quickly does a bunch of steps
doesn't seem to actually compile anything (nothing in target/classes).

Any help on how to build this would be appreciated.  I know folks are
on all this and I'm doing my best to keep a stiff upper lip over the
but I just can't seem to get anything to work (along the general lines of
trying to get hibernate and security to work in turbine).  A few pointers
would be really helpful.

Gerry Duprey
SchoolsOPEN, LLC
123 North Ashley, Suite 120